12-03-10 - Fifth in Monza qualifying
Rickard Rydell qualified fifth in the WTCC premiere at Monza. Ahead of the Swede were the Seat of Gabriele Tarqini and the three works Chevys.
”We are really pleased to be just three tenths of a second behind the fastest Chevrolet”, said Rickard Rydell.
In a close qualifying session at Monza Rickard Rydell claimed the fifth fastest time in his Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden run Cruze. The Swede was beaten only by Gabriele Tarquini’s Seat and the three works Chevrolets.
We are really pleased to be just three tenths of a second behind the fastest Chevrolet. At a long circuit like Monza that is a small gap. It’s a satisfying feeling to get the car right when we as a Swedish team make a one-off apperance in the WTCC”, said Rickard Rydell.
Fifth in qualifying of course means that Rydell starts Race 1 from fifth. In Race 2 the ten fastest times from qualifying are reversed and that gives Rydell P6.
Qualifying Monza, top-10
1) Gabriele Tarquini, Italy, Seat Leon, 1:57.915
2) Yvan Muller, France, Chevrolet Cruze, + 0.059 seconds
3) Rob Huff, Great Britain, Chevrolet Cruze, + 0.191
4) Alain Menu, Switzerland, Chevrolet Cruze, + 0.285
5) Rickard Rydell, Sweden, Chevrolet Cruze, + 0.404
6) Tom Coronel, Netherlands, BMW 320 TC, + 0.474
7) Pepe Oriola, Spain, Seat Leon, + 0.497
8) Alex MacDowall, Great Britain, Chevrolet Cruze, + 0.592
9) Aleksei Dudukalo, Russia, Seat Leon, + 0.734
10) Norbert Michelisz, Hungary, Seat Leon, + 0.737