12-04-20 - Rydell sixth in STCC test
STCC started the season with an official test on Thursday at Ring Knutstorp. Rickard Rydell was sixth fastest in his new turbo-powered Chevrolet Cruze.
With just over two weeks before the first race, STCC started the season with an official test at Ring Knutstorp. Seven cars hit the track and newcomer Jordi Gené was fastest in his Volkswagen Scirocco. Regning champion Rickard Rydell, now in a Chevrolet Cruze with turbo engine, was sixth fastest in an evenly matched field.
”Great to be back in the car! The STCC field seems to close this year and all seven cars here at Knutstorp are capable of winning”, said Rickard Rydell.
”We had a good test today working on different chassis set-ups. The new turbo engine is different to drive and needs a slightly different set-up compared to last year’s car.”
Next week a second official test will be held at Mantorp Park, the circuit hosting the STCC premiere the first weekend in May.
STCC test Knutstorp
1) Jordi Gené, VW Scirocco, 1:00.844
2) Johan Kristoffersson, VW Scirocco, +0.098 seconds
3) Johan Stureson, VW Scirocco, +0.236
4) Tomas Engström, Honda Civic, +0.257
5) Patrik Olsson, VW Scirocco, +0.334
6) Rickard Rydell, Chevrolet Cruze, +0.378
7) Michel Nykjær, Chevrolet Cruze, +0.440